The leaning tower of Pisa has mystified and amazed crowds for hundreds of years, and though it has experienced many a calamity during it's lifetime, it has not yet collapsed. The rich and vibrant history of this tower reaches back as far as the medieval times.
You can visit the leaning tower of Pisa online via a virtual tour, or you can go visit this beautiful building in Pisa, Italy, where you'll set your eyes on one of the country's most memorable landmarks. Featuring architecture that was ahead of its time, regardless of whether or not it actually stands upright, the leaning tower of Pisa is truly a sight to behold.
Want to learn more? Visit one of the sections below:
- History - Learn all about the incredible past of the leaning tower of Pisa ! Having spent nearly 200 years in construction, and still standing today, the tower is a testament to solid design and advanced architecture. Learn it all, from the past to the present.
- Important Events - Have you ever wondered the significance of this tower? Find out about the incredible events that rocked the tower, from its initial construction in the 12 th century until now.
- Construction - How has the tower remained standing so long, even though it doesn't actually stand upright? Questions like this are answered here, along with important information about the design and implementation of several important construction techniques and quick construction facts.
- Leaning Tower of Pisa Facts - How much does the leaning tower of Pisa actually lean? Learn all about it here.
- Piazza Dei Miracoli - What does the "field of miracles" have to do with the leaning tower of Pisa? What other famous and significant buildings reside on the Piazza Dei Miracoli? We'll tell it all here.
- The Duomo - The history and the story behind this cathedral will intrigue your mind and entice your senses.
- The Camposanto - Learn about leaders and wars in times long since passed. Find out why this cemetery holds a special significance to those who lie within it.
- The Baptistery - Just as old and established as the tower, the Baptistery is an important part of the towers history. We have exhaustively researched this monument so that you could learn more about its rich history and remarkable past.
Ready to begin your learning adventure? Strap on your hard hats, tie up your safety boots, and start clicking your way to knowledge!
All text and leaning tower of Pisa pictures © 2016 leaningtowerofpisa.net